Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Playtime for Kids at Heart!


I had my first taste of Playtime New York’s International Trade Show dedicated to the universes of children and junior.

It was basically a well pulled together trade show featuring children collections for fall/winter  2012/2013.
The designers come from all parts of the world.   A few brands I stopped by included Woollyboo based in New Jersey, Neve/Hawk in South Carolina, Lila in Spain, Trommpo in Uruguay, Christopher Fischer in New York, Caramel Baby & Child in London and more!


I was drawn to the husband & wife duo at Neve/Hawk, named after their two children; their line is simple and functional.  All clothing is reversible, soft and fun! The pieces are designed to be versatile, layered and matched.  For instance I saw this great green skirt, and it was so soft, like sweat pants, but the way they cut it and added pleats makes it looks like an outfit your child could wear to a fancy birthday party.  All clothing is made in the USA & better yet proceeds go to Fight for Creativity a benefit giving back to keeping arts in public schools.



Check out these innovative designed cakes made of knitted yarn. This is what I walked by as I went from vendor to vendor…reminded me of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory!

-LB

No comments:

Post a Comment