Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Feel the LOVE at Cycle for Survival


For Valentine’s Day this year I wanted to highlight a cause that always makes me smile. You can literally feel the love at the annual events hosted in Equinox gyms across the US.



That event is Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center’s Cycle for Survival, the indoor cycling fundraiser raising awareness for rare cancers. LLD was there happy to support the very important cause.

At Cycle for Survival we had our sitters and my family (my mom’s mother had brain cancer and this makes us feel like we are connecting to her again) working check-in, on-site managing and babysitting in the Kids Zone! 



One of our sitters Bridget said, “it’s so incredible to me just how many people Jen (Cycle for Survival’s founder) touched.  She must have been such an incredible woman”.  Learn more about Jen’s story by watching this video

I’m personally touched by Emma’s story, I worked with her dad promoting the event last year in Chicago. Emma’s team is Emma’s Eight, read about her story here



And back home in NYC, our girl Perry, who we’ve babysat for the past 4 years, read about her story on her mom’s blog. And get this her mother rode for 8hrs Sunday! Go Anne!

Next year LLD needs to get a bike!

Happy Valentine's Day!

-LB

No comments:

Post a Comment