Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ahhh Another Travel Necessity!


Spring break is around the corner and that means it's time for us to compile our favorite list of travel activities to inspire, educate and distract your children. Here is our first!

I was introduced to Lazoo at the J&R Jr. store launch a few weeks back. I was immediately drawn to the bright colors inspired by the brand's mission and interested in learning how to get this creative tool in front of the children we babysit. I was informed that Lazoo is designed to best engage children's natural play patterns as a means of fostering creative thinking.  Hmmm tell me more...





On my recent trip from Chicago (where LLD newly opened shop this February) I met an adorable two year old girl  on my flight and quickly introduced her mother to the Lazoo app. She was fussy and crying sitting on her mother's lap, but her eyes opened wide and the tears stopped as she watched in awe of the ocean picture in front of her on my iPad.  We made swiggles in the waves, painted a sun in her favorite color yellow, and made fishy faces. Next we tried out the tree with bird. We drew nests for all the mama birds and added baby birds to the mix. Our last project was the free draw where we drew a spider crawling up a water spout, I sang as she looked on in awe. Itsy, bitsy spider crawled up the water spout...

This app was a life saver! It helped divert the child's uneasiness into creative thinking. Not only did it encourage interest, openness and positive emotion it made all the other travelers nearby smile as the child calmed down:)

For more info on Lazoo visit Lazoo.com or you can easily download the app for free on your iPad!

No comments:

Post a Comment